Thursday, March 25, 2010

Here We Go!

So around 11pm on Sunday, August 30th, I'm all all ready for bed and ready to go to work the next day when suddenly I started having what felt like strong menstrual cramps. Mind you, we did birthing classes and I was expecting to have contractions for a few hours, get to the "1 minute long, 5 minutes apart" stage - so I wasn't quite thinking this was labor. After all, I had no contractions that I could feel, yet. But we called my OB anyway, and she told us to go to the hospital and get checked out, but that I probably wasn't in labor because I had not had any clear labor pains yet.

At midnight, we had thrown on clothes, grabbed whatever was in the bags and got into the car because I was timing 45-second contractions, 2 minutes apart. This was less than an hour after I had my FIRST twinge of a contraction! At 12:15 when we got to the hospital after running a few red lights, I was ready to strangle someone from the pain. My water broke in the triage room (excellent timing, I thought), and found out I was already 5 cm dilated! An hour later I was 9cm, but luckily had enough time to get the epidural, take a breath, and get a grip.

Miss Caroline arrived at 4:50am that morning, just shy of 6 hours after my contractions began. 7lb 11 ounces, 20 inches long. She's beautiful!!!

But................ She's turning a little blue and not breathing so well.........

No comments:

Post a Comment